custom shop + repairs
Specht Guitars offers a wide range of services including:
- Custom designed instruments made to order using specialty tone woods and environmentally friendly water based finishes.
- High-end restoration and modifications
- Refinishing, French polish, touchup wet sanding and buffing.
- Set-up including truss rod adjustment, action adjustments, hardware tightening. Check-over, nut cutting, a basic polish and intonation with a professional tuner.
- High-end fret work
- Custom bone nuts and saddles
- Electronic repairs for guitars including Pickup installation, Switch/Jack replacement and wiring.
- Structural work including brace and crack repairs, Headstock repairs, Bridge re-gluing etc.
- Custom Specht guitars feature Bartolini® pickups – also available for refitting on existing instruments.
design your dream
If you can dream it, Specht can create it. Acoustic or electric, standard or unusual, every build gets treated to expert joinery, fabulous materials and most importantly: your vision. Whether it's a Terz guitar, a Parlour, a 7 string metal monster, or one of his amazing baritones, your soul will shine through in the build.
instruments that inspire
An instrument should make you want to play it, to create something with it. Unique ideas and innovations are what push an artform forward and allow new discoveries. Working with the luthier to invent your new guitar is one of the best ways to "find" that perfect instrument. Let a Specht Guitar expand your creative boundaries
minor repair, or resurrection?
Regular maintenance is key to preserving a guitar's life and tone.
Whether your guitar is in need of a check-up, intonation, polishing, set-up, or a full resoration, Oliver has you covered.
From pickup swap and electronics rewiring to broken necks; most things can be treated and brought back to life.